The Frontier will bring a new gameplay experience to Fallout New Vegas.
Here are only a few possibilities you can expect to find on The Frontier.
Dynamic weather and dedicated FX
- The cold effect:
Each type of weather will have a different effect on your character. You’ll need to equip yourself with the right gear to defend against the cold environment or die.
- Nuclear war has drastically affected The Frontier’s day to day weather. Expect to see a warm day be quickly interrupted by sub zero temperatures.
- Mist , snow, rain, footprints left in the snow, and cold breath.
- There’s also a more realistic and dynamic sky depending on the weather.
- The main quest line will see you fight to survive against the harsh elements, the heavy Legion presence, and the locals known as Scavs.
- Side quests are varied, featuring several different scenarios and difficult choices. Hold on to your morality as you struggle to survive.
- You know how to hunt or trap? You better learn if you hope to survive; this is the Frontier.
- You’ll have to think critically to solve some problems, and scrounge for rare and valuable collectibles.
- Boss battles
- Aerial dogfights and airborne assaults
- Arena battles
- War Zones
New Special Effects
- Spreading fire
- Destructible items
- Frostbitten bodies
- Cryotech Weapons
- New animal life
- Special weapon effects